Schengen Vizesi İçin: +90 531 893 88 28 - İngiltere Vizesi İçin: +90 531 893 88 33


US Visa General Information

Citizens of the Republic of Turkey who will travel to the United States, Ordinary, Service, Private and Diplomatic Passport holders are subject to visa.

U.S. visa applications are made via the official website of the U.S. Department of State. After the application form is completed, an appointment is made before the consulates or the embassy. The applicant goes to the consulate or Embassy in person with two photographs and a form printout of the appointment. Interview basis is applied for US visa applications. The interview is conducted based on the language (English or Turkish) specified in the application form.

Types of U.S. visas

Type A visa : Diplomatic and Official visa

Applies to personnel serving as officials on behalf of the government.

Type B visa: Temporary Visitor Visa for Business or Sightseeing Purposes

It is a type of visa required to attend business-related activities such as meetings, conferences, seminars and fairs, or to travel to the United States for a spouse/friend visit or treatment.

Citizens of other countries who come to the country on a B-1 visa,

  • May partner with a U.S. company but may not work or operate in that company,
  • Can take property,
  • Can sign an agreement.

B-2 visa means that you will not be able to engage in any business-related activities.

The B-1 visa allows you to be in the country for a maximum of one year and the B-2 allows you to be in the country for a maximum of one month.

You can use the B-2 visa as often as you want. If you have a summer residence in the United States and can prove that you have another permanent residence in your home country, it is possible to spend six months of the year in the United States and use your visa each time you enter.

Type B visas are valid for a maximum of ten years.

Type C Visa: Transit Visa from The United States

Applies to persons who will travel between two foreign countries in connection with the United States. A transit visa will be required for a crew member who arrives in the United States as a passenger to join an aircraft or watercraft.

A transit visa or other non-immigrant visa is required if the passenger is travelling to a foreign port outside the United States by cruise ship or other maritime transport, if the vessel is to dock at a port in the United States during the course of the cruise.

Type D Visa: Crew Visa

Operating on ships (such as cruise ships or fishing boats), or on international airlines in the United States

  • pilot or flight attendant on a commercial aircraft
  • a ship’s captain, technician, or crew
  • lifeguard, cook, waiter, beautician, or other service personnel on a cruise ship
  • trainee on a training ship

applies to persons.

There is a need for employment of these people for normal functioning and services.

The applicant will need a Transit visa (C1) if he or she is travelling to reach the ship on which he or she will work, and must submit a letter from his or her employer or employer representative stating that transit is required. The Consular Department will typically issue a C1/D visa combination if the reciprocity period of the country in which the applicant is a citizen allows.

Type E Visa: Investor/Trader Visa

Trade Agreement Trader (E1) or Trade Agreement investor (E2) visa, a citizen of a country with a trade and expeditionary agreement with the United States and basically;

  • To conduct significant trade, including trade in services or technology, between the United States and the country with which it deals,
  • or to develop and manage the activities of an organization in which it invests,
  • or make a significant amount of capital investment,

to apply to persons coming to the United States.

For a list of countries included in coverage see -resources/fees/treaty.html

While the E1 visa allows nationals of the agreed country to be admitted to the United States to deal with international trade business only in their name and accounts;

The E2 visa allows a citizen of the agreed country to be admitted to the United States for the purpose of investing a significant amount in a business in the United States.

Type E visas are valid for a maximum of five years at a time.

Type E-2 visas are issued only to persons who have undertaken a 50% investment of a U.S. company (regardless of its size) or to employees for such persons.


  • Can legally work in a U.S. company with cash invested (at least $ 100,000) in the United States by itself or a citizen,
  • Can enter and leave the United States or stay in the country for as long as he/she wishes until her/his E-2 visa expires,
  • There is no legal limit on how many times he/she can extend he/she visa,
  • He/she can stay in the United States for a long time as long as he/she meets the requirements for obtaining an E-2 visa,
  • His/her spouse and unmarried children under the age of 21 also benefit from the visa,

Type F and M visas: Academic or Language Student / Professional or Non-Academic Student Visas

In general, it applies to people who will come to the United States to attend an approved training course.

Type F visas for students receiving full-time academic training or language training;

Type M visas are valid for students receiving vocational or technical training or other non-academic training.

In both, the privileges and limits of the application are almost identical, but with a M visa, the applicant can work in a job where the application of the field of education in or out of the campus can be accepted.

Type G Visa: Official Visa

Valid for those traveling to America on official duty.

G-1        :              Officials working in the permanent representative offices of American-recognized governments within international organizations

G-2        :              Representatives of the governments recognized by the United States who temporarily go to the United States to attend meetings of certain international organizations

G-3        :              Representatives of governments that are not recognized by the United States or are not members of the International Organization who temporarily go to the United States to attend meetings of certain international organizations

G-4        :              Employees who go to America to take part in certain international organizations, including the United Nations

Type H Visa: Temporary Worker Visa

H1-A      :              Applies to nurses working temporarily in the United States.

H1-B      :              It is given to temporary workers who work in “jobs that require expertise” i.e. jobs that require university or college degree. Of these, 44% are given to employees in computer and technology-related fields, and 26% to physiotherapists or occupational therapy practitioners.

Applicants for this type of visa are asked to apply their expertise theoretically and practically on the condition that they have a higher education degree in the relevant field.

Models and those involved in interstate research and development or joint projects under the direction of the Department of Defense are also included in this category.

These visas are subject to quota (115,000). Therefore, it becomes difficult to obtain an H1-B visa at the end of the fiscal year.

The employer is required to submit a petition (a form indicating that he is a guarantor) to the INS and an “application for worker status” to the Ministry of Labour. Once these are approved, the worker can apply to the consulate in his home country.

H-1 B1   :              The Free Trade Agreement (FTA) is formed by the professional-EU-Chile Free Trade Agreement and the US-Singapore Free Trade Agreement.

H-2                        :               Awarded to persons with rare qualifications in the United States. Technicians and merchants can apply for this visa.

H2 – A  : Seasonal Agricultural Workers-allows employers in the United States to bring foreign-born workers to the United States to be employed in temporary agricultural jobs where there are not enough U.S. workers available.

H2 – B   : Temporary or seasonal non-agricultural workers-the non-agricultural temporary worker program allows employers in the United States to bring foreign-born workers to the United States to work in temporary non-agricultural jobs.

H3                          :               Interns (other than medical or academic internships) – This type of visa is designed to allow foreign nationals to travel to the United States to receive internship training in a wide range of fields, including agriculture, commerce, communications, finance, government, transportation and the like, as well as industrial areas. The internship must be for work in a country other than the US to work in the future.

Type H visa is only valid as long as you work for the employer who vouches for your application. If you change jobs, you must apply for a visa again with a petition written by your new employer. Type H visa is valid for a maximum of six years, whether with the same employer or with different employers. When the term expires, you must live outside the United States for at least one year before reapplying.

Type I Visa: Press Representatives Visa

Its activities, including members of the media, radio, film or broadcasting industries, are directed at “foreign media representatives” coming to the United States for correspondent, film crews, editors and similar professions, which are essential for the functioning of the foreign media in question.

The applicant must be working in the qualified activities of a media institution based in a foreign country. The press visa is usually associated with news gathering or reporting on current events.

It is given for a long period of time so that they can log in more than once. Those who receive the visa only need to work at the job where the visa is issued.

Type J Visa: Exchange Visitors Visa

Valid for individuals approved for participation in exchange programs in the United States.

The people you have to look after are given J-2 visas.

It is valid for 12 to 18 months and allows you to log in more than once.,

To learn about Exchange Program (J-1) visas, Program requirements, regulations and more, visit the Ministry of Foreign Affairs J-1 Visa Exchange Program website at

Type K Visa: Engaged Visa

It is awarded only to the fiancee or spouse of a U.S. citizen. Type K visas are issued only if the spouse or fiancee is outside the United States.

 Type L Visa: In-Company Transfer Visa

L-type visas for the US employer; It is given to certain managers, administrators or employees with specialized knowledge who come to work for the subsidiaries, branches or subsidiaries of the company. This visa is valid for seven years for executives and managers and for five years for skilled workers and allows them to enter multiple times. Joint Stock Companies, Limited companies, partnerships and single-person owned companies and many other types of companies can benefit from this.

You can transfer to the United States with this visa and work legally at a U.S. branch, subcontractor, partner or subsidiary of a company you already work for outside the United States.

You can enter and exit the United States or stay there indefinitely until your L-1 status expires.

Your spouse and unmarried children under the age of 21 can benefit from the visa.

You can only work for the employer who vouches for your L-1 visa, and this American company must be a branch, subcontractor, subsidiary or partner of the company you already work for outside the country.

Initially, if a new American company or several American companies have been doing business with your company for more than a year, it will be awarded for three years. If you have been in the United States for seven years or are an administrator or administrator, your visa can be extended for two years at a time.

Children must apply for their own visas if they wish to stay in the United States when they reach the age of 21.

Type O Visa: temporary work visas for certain occupations

The visa O is intended for people who have a talent in science, art, education, trade or who have recorded a success in the film or television industry and are recognized nationally or internationally for these achievements. This includes basic service providers who support the above mentioned persons.

Type P Visa: Visa for Internationally Renowned Athletes, Artists and Show Groups

The applicant must be going to the United States individually or as a group for the following purposes::

  • Participate in a particular sporting event as an athlete or member of a demonstration group. It requires him to be a consistently internationally recognized performer.
  • Performance under an exchange program between an organization in the United States and an organization in another country.
  • Conduct, develop, interpret, represent, coach, or train an original or traditional ethnic, folkloric, cultural, musical, theatre, or artistic performance or presentation.
  • This includes basic service providers who support the above mentioned persons.

 Visa Q-Visa for exchange visitors who come to the United States to participate in international cultural exchange programs

It is given to people who will participate in a hands-on training with Americans or work in a job where they will share with Americans the history, traditions, or culture of their country.

Nannies, au pairs (normally required to obtain a J-1 visa) or teachers of different arts may benefit.

Valid for 15 months and must be applied by the employer.

It differs from the J visa in that it is not related to specific exchange programs.

This type of visa is intended to provide applicants with an internship or a chance to gain working experience and to share their country’s history, culture and traditions.

Type R Visa: Cleric Visa

It is intended for applicants who wish to go to the United States temporarily to work on a religious mission.

It includes persons appointed by a competent body to carry out religious worship and other duties, as well as persons working in a religious profession.

The applicant must be a member of a real and nonprofit organized religious community in the United States.

The religious community and its affiliate are either tax-exempt or have qualifications to gain tax-exempt status.

The applicant must be a member of that religious community for two years before applying for ecclesiastical officer status. The applicant must plan to perform a religious duty as a clergyman of that community, or in a bona fide, not-for-profit religious organization (or a tax-exempt affiliate of such an organization).

Type S visa: Valid for those who provide information in judicial or espionage cases.

It allows foreign nationals to stay and live in the United States in exchange for important information they give to the U.S. Secret Service or the police.

Type T Visa: Human Trafficking Victim Visa

T visa holders are victims of human trafficking crime. The T visa protects victims of human trafficking and allows victims to remain in the United States to assist in the investigation or prosecution of human trafficking.

Type U Visa: Victim Of Criminal Activity Visa

The U visa class is aimed at victims of certain criminal activities, citizens of foreign countries who assist in the investigation and prosecution of identified crimes.

Individuals apply directly to the USCIS by petition themselves, and with the approved petition, the USCIS is granted non-immigrant U status.

Both the original applicant who is granted U status and the petitioning family members associated with it can apply for a U visa in Consular departments located abroad.

It is to grant a temporary legal status for up to 4 years and to allow them to work.


Visa Category The Purpose Of The Visit
A Diplomat or foreign government official
A-2 Foreign military personnel stationed in the United States
B-1 Athlete, amateur or professional (those competing for prize money)
B-1 Work
B-1 Domestic employee or nanny-must accompany a foreign national employer
B-2 Medical treatment
B-2 Tourism, holiday
BCC Border Crossing Card: Mexico
C transit through the United States
C5, T5, R5, I5 job creation / investors
CW-1 CNMI-temporary worker only
D Crew
DV immigrant conversion visa
E treaty trader/treaty investor
E1 priority workers
E2 Professionals with advanced and extraordinary skills
E-3 Australian professional expertise
E3, EW3 professionals and other workers
F, M Student: Academic, Professional
F2A, F2B Some family members of legal permanent residents
G1-G5, NATO A designated international organization or NATO employee
H-1B specialized occupations in areas requiring highly specialized knowledge

H-1B1 – Chile

H-1B1 – Singapore

Free Trade Agreement (FTA) Professional

Chile, Singapore

H-2A temporary agricultural worker
H-2B temporary worker (performs other services or labor of a temporary or seasonal nature)
H-3 primarily training in a program not for employment
I Media, journalist
IR1, CR1 wife of a U.S. citizen
IR2, CR2, IR5, F1, F3, F4 some family members of U.S. citizens
IR3, IH3, IR4, IH4 intercountry adoption of orphaned children by U.S. citizens
J (exchange visitor)
J (exchange visitor)
J Professor, Scholar, Teacher (Exchange Visitor)
J , H-1B physician
Whatsapp Destek
Whatsapp Destek
Powered by